NEW ARTIST INFO SESSION DATES FOR 2018 FESTIVAL ANNOUNCED! See below for details
The application for the Fine Arts and Crafts Market at Arts in the Heart of Augusta is now closed. Applications for the 2018 festival will be open March – May 2018. We’d love to see your work!. Ranked at 50th on Sunshine Artist’s Top 200 Festivals list, the Festival also won a Silver Kaleidoscope for BEST FESTIVAL from SFEA. In 2017, 88,000 people attended and enjoyed the juried Fine Arts and Fine Crafts Market.
Artist Informational Sessions – 2018 Festival info
Artists who would like to know more about the application process and festival sales should attend the FREE artist informational sessions being held December 1, January 4, and February 1. Fine Arts and Crafts Market Director Pax Bobrow will share helpful information about preparing your work for your application, jury selection, and tips and tricks for making your festival experience successful. You can attend one or all sessions, they are free and open to the public. Please sign up in advance.
Friday, December 1, 2017, 10-11am
Friday, January 4, 2018, 5:30-6:30pm
Wednesday, February 1, 2018, 12-1pm
Fine Arts and Crafts Market – at a glance
Here are some of the great things the artists and artisans had to say about Arts in the Heart of Augusta Festival:
“One of the best organized festivals that I go to. The venue is perfect. The advertising is second to none and achieves results! You have a great team that I hope will continue for many, many years.”
“Business speaking, they are a great buying crowd, but more than that they are nice, complementary, and enjoy art. And the quality of work at the show is fabulous. It is a breath of fresh air to see a show with such quality and variety of work.”
“It is one of my favorite events. The attendance is excellent and includes people from all over the area. A true community event, with diverse art and fine crafts.”
WHO SHOULD APPLY
Any fine artist or fine crafter who meets the following qualifications:
- Has a passion for their art or craft and can make a large enough quantity to keep their customers happy for the 2½ days of the Festival.
- Makes their own work, themselves (no designers, buy/sell, contractors or factories).
- Artists and crafters currently making and selling fresh, new work.
WHO SHOULD NOT APPLY
- BUY/SELL vendors
- Someone who designs work and has other people make it for them (in a factory or studio)
- Someone who has their work mass-produced
- Someone who purchases and assembles kits
- Artists and crafters still selling old work or work that has been submitted to this jury before
- Creators of spices, mixes or other food items
- Candle Makers
- Soap and/or skin care and/or bath product makers
- Book authors (contact The Book Tavern <email@example.com> if you want to be in the Author’s Alley)
Entries will be considered if the submission falls within the following categories. If you are not sure, please contact festival organizers for clarification.
- Pottery (thrown or hand-built ceramics)
- Clothing & Clothing accessories (not jewelry)
- Glasswork (not jewelry)
- Wood Art
- Fiber Art (baskets, leather goods, wall hangings, and hand quilting, not jewelry)
- 2D art (paintings; drawings; serigraphs; etchings; collages; mixed media; photographs; digital art; note: signed and numbered limited edition prints – limited editions cannot include more than 250 signed and numbered pieces)
- Jewelry (rings, necklaces, bracelets, earrings, etc.)
The application will only be accessible after March 1, 2018. Artists must fill out our ZAPPlication and pay the non-refundable Jury Fee of $30, by May 11, 2018. The application will require: FIVE high-quality images of your work and ONE of your booth, an average price point for your work, and a short artist statement. Artists will be notified of their application status via email by June 1, 2018.
View the full 2017 Application on zapplication.org
Need help on how to apply? Watch this information session.