02 Sep MORE FUN – MORE EVERYTHING IN THE FAMILY AREA!
- The Greater Augusta Arts Council Arts in the Heart – Augusta has a culture of creation and Arts in the Heart is the place where it all comes together. Your first and last stops on your round-the-world journey! Join us in painting a social canvas of local artist Rhian Swain’s festival people!
- Hindu Temple Society of Augusta – Henna Tattoos
- Augusta Richmond County Public Library System – Learn the rich history of Chinese Kites, then make your own
4. Phinizy Center for Water Sciences and Nature Park – Learn about the impact of science in Italian culture and make Binoculars to find native critters around the Family Area
5. The Vault Dance Complex – Learn a fun way to cool down with fans inspired by Abanikos from the Phillipines.
6. Imagination Station of Augusta Children’s Museum – The rainforest and farms in South America are full of all sorts of animals, from fur to feathers! Learn how animals inspire art and culture while making your own animal pal.
7. Drum Circle of Augusta – Drums come from all over, in all shapes and sizes. This year, we highlight the Djembe Drum from West Africa. Get inspired by the rhythm as you create your own music
8. 4P Studios – Discover the rich history of chalk’s use in French art while you help create a beautiful Chalk Walk to welcome festival goers into the 600 block Family Area.
9. Eastwind Village – The United Kingdom has a long and winding history of knights, kings and queens and ye olde draw string pouches used to carry secret messages, coins or herbs. Create your own draw string pouch to carry what trinkets you deem fit.
Also featured are:
- Rainbow Tie Dye Factory – Tie Dye your very own tee!
- Rainbow Factory with Face painting – Become your favorite character or animal!
Interactive Street Performances with:
- The Hooping Melissa Ayala – Hop on the hoops with Melissa!
- The Bizarre Magic of Cadaver – Magic upclose with Cadaver!
- Marilyn the Balloon Artist – Get your very own balloon pal
- Eastwind Village – Sword play away with Eastwind Village
- Special Characters from Brown Beauty Magic – Ariel, Spiderman and Moana
- Twish the Trader – Trade your pocket trinkets with Twish
- Lavender the Crochet Fairy – Flutter freely at the festival with Lavender
- ShoFusion Dance Arts – Enjoy the magic of dance with Shofusion
Plus a fully booked Family Stage, Young Artists Market and public yarn art by local artists!